Work at Bread for the City
Bread for the City is one of the placement sites where Loretto Volunteers work. The Legal Clinic Coordinator will help to serve Bread for the City's clients in their Legal Clinic. Specific duties include: helping with new client intakes, providing information and referral services for clients, and representing clients who have been denied public benefits before an Administrative Law Judge. The volunteer will also help with Spanish-speaking clients in all of Bread for the City's programs. A great position for those interested in law school and/or with paralegal experience!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Committment to working for social justice
- Ability to work and connect with a wide variety of people
- Excellent organization skills in order to manage multiple projects
- Strong writing skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Interest in the details of various government programs
- Strong listening skills, confidence, flexibility and a cooperative spirit
- Fluency in spoken/written Spanish is preferred but not required
All Loretto Volunteers receive a modest living stipend, communal housing with 5 other volunteers in Washington, DC, and health insurance. They participate in three group retreats with other Loretto Volunteers and receive ongoing support from spunky local Loretto members.
The term runs from August 8, 2015 through late July 2016.
More information and other volunteer opportunities with the Loretto Volunteer Program are at www.lorettovolunteers.org. Interested candidates email Program Coordinator Molly Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org